Community service is one of PAABA’s core tenets, and we encourage everyone in our community to participate! If you’re interested in serving your community along with PAABA, there are a wide variety opportunities, whether or not you are a member of the legal profession.
Law students, recent grads, college students, and community members are encouraged to volunteer or intern with PAABA. Volunteers can work with committee chairs, assist our Lawyer Referral Service administrator, or work on special projects in membership development, outreach, and program support. Volunteers with a legal background are invited to contribute content to PAABA’s Blog or develop white papers. Please see Volunteering with PAABA for more information.
Attorneys and Associated Professionals have a number of options for becoming more involved in PAABA, including:
- Chair a committee or practice section. Applicants must be PAABA Attorney or Associated Professional members, with demonstrated experience in the practice area. Committee chairs are asked to commit to a minimum of four events per year. PAABA is currently seeking chairpersons for our Civil Rights and Business Law sections.
- Present a Mandatory Continuing Legal Education seminar, individually or as part of a panel. Pursuant to State Bar rules, speakers receive 3 hours of MCLE credit for presenting 1 hour of content.
- Join PAABA’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Panel. Experienced mediators commit to provide up to three hours of low-cost mediation and neutral evaluation services to members of our local communities.
- Become a member of PAABA’s Board of Directors. Directors must be attorneys in good standing with the State Bar of California and have been a member of PAABA for a minimum of one year. Directors serve two-year terms. The next elections will take place in December, 2018.
- Write for PAABA’s Blog. Legal articles on topics of general interest to the Palo Alto area legal community, reviews of books by local attorneys and/or about the practice of law, analyses of new or unusual cases or legislative developments — if you write it, we’d like to share it! Content should be current, topical, and non-partisan in nature and is subject to approval by PAABA’s Editorial Committee.
To apply for one of these positions, contact email@example.com.
Law firms, local businesses, and practice management companies are invited to become PAABA Sponsors. Annual Sponsors receive reduced cost event packages for their members, recognition on PAABA’s website, newsletter and social media, and preference in event hosting opportunities. Event Sponsors host single events, providing meeting spaces, catering lunchtime events, or providing special resources to PAABA members. To learn more about sponsoring PAABA, please see our Sponsorship Opportunities.