It’s never been easier to find new clients. Through PAABA’s Lawyer Referral Service (“LRS”), you can expand your practice volume by being connected directly with clients seeking legal representation and assistance in your specific practice areas. LRS panel attorneys agree to provide a 1/2 hour consultation free of charge to clients who contact LRS and pay a small administrative fee.
LRS clients undergo an initial screening through LRS staff, who will determine the appropriate LRS panel and contact panel members to assign the client pursuant to LRS rules. Following the initial consultation, panel attorneys and clients are free to enter into any permissible fee arrangement for further representation. In exchange, panel members agree to pay LRS a referral fee of 10% of any fees received from clients referred by LRS. Read the LRS Rules.
We are in particular need of additional attorney panelists for our Family Law, Landlord/Tenant Law, and Real Property panels.
Why We Offer LRS
- To help clients who are intimidated by or lack experience with the legal system to be connected directly with a qualified member of the Bar;
- To provide members of the public an opportunity to have minor or preliminary legal questions efficiently addressed for a nominal fee;
- To allow attorneys to discharge pro bono requirements by assisting clients who could not otherwise afford even an initial consultation.
Panel Membership Requirements
LRS panel attorney applicants must:
- Complete a qualification statement requiring your qualifications for each substantive law panel you wish to join. Qualification statements must be updated every five years.
- Carry legal malpractice insurance and certify that insurance on a yearly basis.
- Must agree to establish certain procedures within the attorney’s office to facilitate the scheduling of client appointments by SCCBA staff.
- Pay an application fee of $105 annually. PAABA Member Attorneys may pay a discounted application fee of $80 annually.